The David McCormick Law Group was founded in 1996 and has served more than 17,000 clients with bankruptcy legal aid and debt relief assistance. Throughout the years, our legal team has accumulated extensive experience in all areas of bankruptcy law. In addition, our close working relationships to clients have afforded not only a solid reputation for our commitment, but also the personal enlightenment of having seen the often unfortunate situations and financial struggles of hard-working Norfolk residents. Aside from the accomplishments and accolades of our esteemed attorneys, all of our legal team shares the same genuine passion for providing those facing debt with the understanding, client-focused approach they need to be confident in their financial futures. Our firm feels that this down to earth, client-centric mentality has contributed to our record of success and we know it is as important and essential as the ample experience, education and legal knowledge we bring into every case.
ATTORNEY DAVID M. MCCORMICK
Mr. McCormick is a seasoned attorney licensed in the states of New York and Virginia. David has personally helped thousands of clients spanning a wide variety of practice areas in which he has gained expertise through experience. He believes in being well prepared and maintaining high standards of excellence from the smallest to the largest of cases. He is very successful in the courtroom, a great negotiator, and is passionate about pursuing justice. Mr. McCormick works hard for his clients and loves to help people.
David has a passion for all areas of law that the firm practices - particularly in helping people with bankruptcy - debt relief, divorce, and adoption legal services.
ATTORNEY PERSONAL PROFILE
- Attended Baylor Universities where he majored in Business. He later obtained his Masters Degree in business at Amber University.
- Received his Juris Doctorate from Regent University where he served as class president, chairman of the Law Schools and Government School Council of Graduate Students and was listed in the Who’s Who of American Law Students.
- Worked at United Parcel Service for thirteen years as a preloader, driver, driver trainer, supervisor, and manager where he was in charge of many UPS operations in addition to working in personnel and customer service.
- Has taught for six years at Regent Law School as an adjunct professor.
- Served three years on the Fairfield Elementary Leadership Board.
- Serves as 2005 President of the Norfolk Sports Club which helps and mentors high school athletes throughout the community and supports the Special Olympics.
- David is a former Eagle Scout and his hobbies include traveling, biking and sports. He has lived in several countries worldwide including Morocco and Japan. He has also studied European Law at the University of Innsbruck in Austria.